Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIYva

photo courtesy of weheartit.com

I think it's fair to say I've always had a little bit of an entrepreneurial bug. From the music fanzine I launched when I was 17, to the countless other projects I've embarked on throughout the following years, I've always found myself involved in some sort of DIY endeavor. So when the decision to self-publish came about (even though I fought it tooth and nail, at first) there was still a part of me itching to do things on my own. 

I think what has excited me most about indie publishing is the creation of my own imprint, Passionista. I just love the idea of acting as my own publisher and handling all the fun stuff like designing and marketing, and having the ability to hand pick the people I feel are the best for my book. Plus I get to make business cards. Is there anything more exciting!?

Owning the rights to your work, calling all the shots, and ultimately being responsible for the success (or non success) of something you've created is not for everyone. Some people prefer to hand things off to the experts and that's totally fine. But me, I like to think I'm more of a hands-on gal. 

A DIYva, if you will. 

Cheers,
Cara


No comments:

Post a Comment