Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We Have Lift Off!

photo courtesy of weheartit.com


So I think I've spent an adequate of time lurking around the #indiepub and #selfpub hash tag land on Twitter, and I'm finally ready to start a blog that represents Passionista, my boutique indie publishing company that I launched a few weeks ago to support the release of my first book.

Let me back up a little bit. I am a blogger (you can most often find me here, talking about all things bubbly and inspiring), and I am also now on the verge of becoming an independently published author with my first title, SPARKLE, about to launch on October 9th. In fact, I am in the process of cyber-stalking my local UPS delivery person who is holding the paperback proof of my book as we speak. He's probably not cradling it in a hand-knit pink blanket with ducks and rattles on it like I wish he was (It is my baby, after all.) Instead, I'm sure it's bouncing around in the back of a truck taking a tour of Brooklyn before it makes its way to my apartment sometime later today (or tomorrow -- you never can tell with these shipping times).

Anyway, SPARKLE has been nothing short of a labor of love for me, which you can read about more here, or here. Now you can see why I needed to start a separate blog, eh? I will say though, my lovely, lovely readers over at The Champagne Diet have been nothing but supportive throughout this whole process, and I am so happy that I've been able to involve them every step of the way. They truly have been my support system; there to make me laugh and encourage me to have a glass (or bottle) of wine when I'm about to cry, there to push me along when I get in one of those "what does it all mean?" funks, and there to fall as madly in love with this project as I have.

I have been researching the self-publishing industry since 2009, and boy has it come a long way. I obsessively read other blogs, industry trade mags, and Twitter feeds to stay in the loop with all the latest happenings. I absolutely love connecting with other indie authors and hearing about how they got their start. The intent of this blog is not to share breaking news on the industry, or break ground in any way, for that matter. It's a place where I will share my musings, my excitements, my disappointments (as much as I try to live in that bubble, they still creep on in there), my mistakes and my wins. Oh, and I'll talk about wine sometimes, too. I hope that you'll come back and visit often.

Now back to track that package...

Cheers,
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment