Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Why Writing + Publishing a Book is HARD Work (When Done the Right Way)

Nothing makes my skin crawl more than those "Get Published Quick!" schemes, promising coaches and business owners a book in just days. You know, those ultra-cheesy websites that package up some oh-so-boring cover and layout for you for the low price of just $299! The ones who feature cover art with unicorns and horrible fonts?

Guess what? Those are the things that give the self-publishing industry a bad name. Those are the things that make independent authors look inexperienced. Those are the reasons I created Passionista Publishing.

Future authors, please listen up: you will not gain any credibility by pumping out a half-assed book that you paid some shitty company to pull together for you. Self-publishing, when done correctly, is no easy road. It should be done with care and concern if you want to gain any respect for your work. 

I spent years researching the industry and put out a quality book last year that went on to sell over 1,000 copies in under six months and become a two-time Amazon #1 best seller in multiple categories. I know what it takes to artfully put together something that people will buy and love. I know how to market with style (my years spent working in digital advertising for MTV have served me well!) I know how to keep from spending thousands of dollars on the wrong things. I will tell you exactly what you need to do to self-publish your book the right way.

Want to learn more? Email me. We'll set up some time to chat and see if we're a good fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment